Co-op (Fall)- Structural/Civil Engineer
Time type: full time
Posted on: February 26, 2024
Job requisition id: R3028
What we need:
We want to learn from you! Our teams at Symbotic value the early career talent that helps us solve critical issues in creative and innovative ways. That is why we offer Internship and Co-op programs where students have the opportunity to work alongside industry professionals on some of our most pivotal projects. We invite students from institutions across the country to apply online or engage with our teams on campus at career fairs and other events. Symbotic offers an extensive calendar of events including Lunch and Learns, Social
Outings, and Volunteer opportunities for our Interns and Co-ops to engage in.
The Summer Intern session is a 12-week, full-time (40 hours Monday-Friday) program while the Co-op cohorts typically run 16-weeks in the Spring and Fall. In both programs, students are paid a competitive hourly rate. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
What you'll do:
- Provide assistance and learn the aspects of using Revit software for structure design as well as interfacing with architects regarding customer warehouse facilities.
- Provide assistance and learn the aspects of comprehensive project construction drawing sets, including plan views, elevations, details and schedules
- Build upon your skillset and experience working in both 2D and 3D space on leading edge CAD software packages
- Build upon your skillset and experience relative to structural steel component details and usages
- Receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team via the web, SharePoint or project websites
- Perform self-review of your work for proper detail level and accuracy before sharing with others
What you'll need:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) and/or Revit
- Familiarity with Autocad 2D
- Familiarity with Inventor 3D