Co-op (Fall)- System Engineer
Time type: full time
Posted on: January 18, 2024
Job requisition id: R3030
Who we are:
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain. Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a high-density, end-to-end system – reinventing warehouse automation for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need:
We want to learn from you! Our teams at Symbotic value the early career talent that helps us solve critical issues in creative and innovative ways. That is why we offer Internship and Co-op programs where students have the opportunity to work alongside industry professionals on some of our most pivotal projects. We invite students from institutions across the country to apply online or engage with our teams on campus at career fairs and other events. Symbotic offers an extensive calendar of events including Lunch and Learns, Social Outings, and Volunteer opportunities for our Interns and Co-ops to engage in.
The Summer Intern session is a 12-week, full-time (40 hours Monday-Friday) program while the Co-op cohorts typically run 16-weeks in the Spring and Fall. In both programs, students are paid a competitive hourly rate. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of advanced system and operational issues.
- Monitor health of the automated adapters, vertical lifts, and automated robotic vehicles.
- Communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to site teams and customers.
- Document and report issues to engineering teams and work with them on a solution.
- Assist in escalation as required to support teams to solve production impacting problems.
- Participate in the initiatives for continuous improvement, standardization and improvement of the warehouse automation solution, in a context of change focused on production.
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
What you’ll need:
- Currently Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Familiarity with several of the following specialties and a willingness to learn all of them:
- PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Robot (ABB)
- Software languages (SQL, Linux, Python)
- Industry Standard Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence Practices
- Excellent hands-on experience with assembling, operating and troubleshooting robotics and electro-mechanical systems.
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as needed.
- Able and willing to assist other team members with physical work as necessary (light maintenance, troubleshoot and operate robotic equipment, move boxes by hand, if required).
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation communications skills.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 8 hours
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.